Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A low fat recipe for muffins using whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 small bananas
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash bananas and mix with sugar and applesauce until blended.
- Mix flour, salt and soda together. Fold into banana mixture.
- Scoop into lined muffin tins.
- Bake or 25 minutes.
I halved the recipe to get 6 muffins. They didn't rise up much and were very moist (but I did use 2 small bananas instead of 1 1/2). I did add 1/2 t. vanilla and 1/4 t. cinnamon to the recipe and it was a nice muffin. I may just tinker with it a bit more.