Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my favorite muffin recipes. I like them with coconut oil spread on top.
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup golden flax seed meal
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats or 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking barley
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup honey
- 2⁄3 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, flax meal, oats (or barley), baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Mix eggs, milk, honey and bananas until well combined.
- Stir into dry ingredients.
- Fill muffin cups and bake for about 20 minutes.
This is a good, very healthy muffin! I will def. make these again, but will make them a touch sweeter and probably try adding a small amount of salt to the recipe to enhance all of the wonderful flavors when I do. I served them with butter and additional honey.
Love the texture of these! The spices are just right, and the honey gives them a nice flavor, without being too sweet. Made for Fall 3008 My-3-Chefs.