These tasty morsels come from King Arthur Flour Whole Grain Baking. I typically sub in either 1/2 cup to 1 cup of white flour to lighten them up a little. These will disappear from your breakfast table faster than you realize! My toddler gobbles these up!
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick or 4 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups ripe bananas, mashed (about 3 bananas)
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350. Line a 12 cup muffin pan.
- Beat together the butter, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Add the banana, honey and eggs, beating until smooth.
- Add the flour about 1/4 cup at a time, stirring until just mixed.
- Add chocolate chips, stirring until smooth.
- Divide batter into the muffin cups, filling to the top. Bake about 23-28 minutes.
- Remove from oven and after a couple of minutes transfer the muffins to a rack to cool.