Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My family loves these banana muffins which are made healthier with the additon of whole wheat flour. The butterscotch chips are a wonderful, unexpected surprise. Nuts can be added, if desired.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup ripe banana pulp, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon banana extract
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Grease muffin pans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine first 8 ingredients (flour through sugar); make a well in the center of mixture. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine banana, egg, milk, oil, and extracts. Beat with a wire whisk until well blended. Add to dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened. Fold in butterscotch chips.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin cups, filling each cup 3/4 full. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean. Remove muffins from pans immediately and cool on a wire rack.
Awesome muffins, love the texture the oats add to these muffins. Very easy to make. Love the butterscotch chips in these. Mashed 1 1/2 bananas to make 3/4 cup. I got 11 nice sized muffins and they baked up at 400 for 14 minutes. Made for My Three Chefs.09 Thanks for sharing this recipe, its one I will be making again.