Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a variation on my mom's banana bread, only healthier! Her recipe called for shortening, white flour, 2 eggs, and a full cup of sugar. I wanted to lighten it up and make it a healthy snack for my 4 year old daughter so I just cut out all of the "bad" stuff and threw in some substitutes I had in my kitchen and let it go. I find that it works best in mini muffins. My daughter LOVES them.
- 2⁄3 cup applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 egg white
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2-4 bananas
- Preheat Oven to 350.
- Mix all but bananas together.
- Mash bananas with fork or potatoe masher.
- Add bananas to other mixture and mix until combined.
- Pour into mini muffin pan-about 48 muffins.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.