1/5 Photos of Whole Wheat Banana Bread
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Kelly Vaughn's Note:
I actually abandoned my "family" banana bread in favor of this one... It's more a like a cake than a bread. I have increased the bananas from the original recipe, and I prefer to omit the nuts. I like mine warm with butter on top. Yummy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter.
- 2Put the butter, sugar, bananas and eggs in a blender. Blend until nice and smooth.
- 3Now transfer to a mixing bowl.
- 4In a separate bowl, stir together flours, salt, and baking soda.
- 5Add dry ingredients to banana mixture alternately with hot water.
- 6Stir in chopped nuts.
- 7Cut a piece of waxed or parchment paper the size of the bottom of your loaf pan.
- 8(This helps the loaf come out in one piece while still warm).
- 9Put the paper in the loaf pan and spray the pan well with non-stick spray.
- 10Scoop the batter into the pan.
- 11Bake in a preheated 325 degree F oven for one hour and 10 minutes.
- 12Test with a cake tester to make to make sure it's done.
- 13Sometimes it takes a little bit longer.
- 14If the top gets too brown, cover it with a piece of aluminum foil so it doesn't get too much darker.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Wheat Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (96 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 274.2
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 51.3 mg
- Sodium 282.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 4.5 g