Recipe by subaruthie
I hardly ever make banana bread, but I had over-ripe bananas and guests! This recipe was born and will remain a family keeper,
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup raw sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas, peeled
- 4 ounces unsweetened applesauce
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- Cream the margarine and sugar in a large bowl.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Add the peeled bananas and applesauce. Mix well, until bananas are distributed well in the batter.
- Add the flour, wheat germ, baking soda, and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Pour into one large or two small loaf pans. Bake at 300 F for about 1 hour, or until golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.