Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A whole wheat version of a well loved treat. Not quite vegan, but getting close.
Make and share this Whole Wheat Banana Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup avocado, mashed
- 1 cup banana, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1⁄4 cup honey or 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- Combine all dry and wet ingredients separately. Add dry ingredients to the wet and mix thoroughly.
- Bake at 350 for approximately 1 hour in a greased loaf pan.
Yum! This is a simple, good for you, and great tasting, and versatisle banana bread. I subbed 1/2 cup of the flour for quinoa flour, and subbed the flax seed & water mixture for one egg. My avocado was not ripe, but my bananas couldn't wait for them to get ripe, so instead, I used peanut butter, which worked well. Who doesn't like peanut butter & banana? The bread rose nicely and had great texture, too. I'll definately keep this recipe on hand! Thanks for posting, Lisa!