Recipe by janselstad
Whole wheat banana bread is easy to make, yet delicious and healthy. It also freezes well. I like using all whole wheat flour and using 3 smaller loaf pans so that the bread bakes more evenly.
Top Review by Nado2003
Moist and delicious. Very quick and easy as well. I used 1 cup whole wheat and 1/2 cup a/p flour. 2 tablespoon olive oil instead of butter, 1 whole egg instead of 2 egg whites, and topped it with brown sugar and cinnamon. Will be making again. Thank you.
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 4 medium bananas, mashed
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- cooking spray
- Prepare (3) small loaf pans or (1) large loaf pan with the cooking spray.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine sugar and next three ingredients in another bowl; add to flour mixture until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 for 30-50 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, remove and cool completely on wire rack.