Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Whole wheat banana bread is easy to make, yet delicious and healthy. It also freezes well. I like using all whole wheat flour and using 3 smaller loaf pans so that the bread bakes more evenly.
- Prepare (3) small loaf pans or (1) large loaf pan with the cooking spray.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine sugar and next three ingredients in another bowl; add to flour mixture until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350 for 30-50 minutes or until a tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, remove and cool completely on wire rack.
Moist and delicious. Very quick and easy as well. I used 1 cup whole wheat and 1/2 cup a/p flour. 2 tablespoon olive oil instead of butter, 1 whole egg instead of 2 egg whites, and topped it with brown sugar and cinnamon. Will be making again. Thank you.
SO fantastic!! I've only used my family recipe for years but this is awesome and I'll use it instead! I used all whole wheat flour, applesauce instead of margarine, 2 whole eggs and added cinnamon and vanilla. Perfect! Thank you so much for sharing such a fabulous (healthy) recipe!
This is amazing! I used to make banana bread with heavy cream and a lot of sugar, but since switching to healthier eating habits, I gave it up completely. This definitely takes the old recipe's place. I followed other readers' suggestions and added cinnamon and vanilla, and I used 1 cup whole wheat and 1/2 cup a/p flour. I used honey instead of sugar and cut it down to 1/4 cup. I am passing this recipe on to all my friends. Thanks so much for this one!