Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This bread not only tastes good but is healthy too. I really like the texture with whole wheat flour.
- 709.77 ml whole wheat flour
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml mashed bananas (about 5 medium)
- 118.29 ml chopped nuts
- 158.51 ml vegetable oil
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 350.
- Greast bottoms only of 2 loaf pans (9x5x3 or 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches).
- Beat all ingredients in large bowl on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium speed 45 seconds, scraping the bowl.
- Pour batter into pans.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans. Cool completely before slicing.
Yes! This is very good, flavorable and moist banana bread. It's also easy to make. I halved the recipe and made one loaf only, using 3 medium-small bananas to get 1 cup of mashed banana. I did use more nuts than called for, but then, I like them. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.