Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 4 mins
This my family's favorite bread. I bake this bread at least once a week, my twin little girls just LOVE it--and it is easy to make, light and healthy too!
- 1 1⁄2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 mashed bananas (use very ripe bananas )
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix six first ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add raisins and chocolate chips; set aside.
- Mix bananas, eggs, oil and vanilla.
- Combine both mixtures until well blended.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in center of oven 1 hour to 1 hour 5 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
BEST. I make this all the time. It is my new favorite banana bread recipe.
This bread was so awesome! Wish I could rate it higher, very moist and best of all packed with good stuff! I skipped the raisins and just added the chocolate chips (mini) a little bit more than 1/4 cup to make up for the raisins. This is such a nice change from the random recipes out there, and it's all good for you! Obrigada (thank you in portugese) Chef Glauca for sharing a great one! =) This is a must try!
Great recipe! I added 1/4 cup of buckwheat flour; omitted the choc chips; used coconut butter and 1/2 cup rice malt syrup instead of the sugar.