Recipe by Ingrid S
Finding whole wheat recipes that taste anywhere near as good as the "real" thing can be tough (literally!). I've been tinkering on this for a while, and even DH (yeah, the picky one!) likes it!
Top Review by Ms*Bindy
This bread has the nutty flavor provided by the whole wheat flour. I like that because it seems to cut back on the overly sweet taste of some banana breads. I didn't have splenda brown sugar blend, so I mixed 1/2 regular brown sugar and 1/2 splenda. Definitely go for the heaping Tbsp of gluten for a less dense bread.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
- 2 eggs
- 3 large bananas, over-ripe and mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (more if you like)
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon gluten (heaping)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda (we're at altitude)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- cream together the butter and splenda until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, bananas and vanilla, beat well.
- combine dry ingredients and mix well; stir in to banana mixture.
- mix in milk. If you like nuts, you can add them now.
- spoon into greased loaf pan.
- bake at 350 for 60 - 70 minutes.