Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great for snacks and tasty whole wheat treats!
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- Heat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease or line with paper liners 12 large muffin cups or 24 small muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, applesauce, oil, brown sugar, vanilla and bananas.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Stir into the banana mixture until moistened.
- Stir in the blueberries until evenly distributed.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the heated oven or until the tops of the muffins spring back when pressed lightly. Do NOT overcook or else they will be too dry.
- Cool before removing from tins.
Moist but not too sweet. Used margarine instead of vegetable oil and added cinnamon streusel topping. Mixed in choco chips too. Soo good
Just made these. They're great! I reduced the blueberries to 1/2 cup and added 1/2 cup of semisweet chocolate chips. Also, I only had sweetened applesauce, so I cut back the sugar to about 1/4 cup. I used natural cane sugar instead of brown. And my blueberries were fresh, not frozen. They turned out very lovely and taste awesome. Perfect with milk or coffee. I'll be enjoying these for breakfast tomorrow morning. :) Thanks for the recipe!
These are excellent, very moist but not heavy. Thanks for posting!