Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is one of my favourite snack cakes. Very moist. Lots of flavour.
Make and share this Whole Wheat Apple Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir in nuts.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Stir in eggs, one at a time, mixing well. Stir in vanilla.
- Peel, core, and chop apples. You should have about 3 cups.
- Stir dry mixture and milk alternately into creamed mixture, starting and ending with dry mixture, making 3 additions of dry and 2 of milk.
- Fold in the chopped apples.
- Bake in the greased and floured 13x9-inch baking pan in a preheated 350°F oven for about 35 minutes, or until a tester poked in the centre comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in the pan before cutting. Cut into 32 pieces.
I made this cake exactly to the recipe, and it turned out really well! Very moist, but not very sweet, so I made a glaze and drizzled it on top. It really balanced the overly sweet glaze. Very good!
I made according to recipe and it was very tasty. Not too sweet and very moist. Yum :o)
This cake is amazing. I left out the nuts because we were out. I did not peel the apples and probably had a bit more than three cups. Also, I am not sure how much brown sugar I used because it was hard as a rock so I broke off a chunk and dissolved it in the milk. Thanks for sharing cuisinebymae.