Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe is from a cookbook called "A Collection of the Very Finest Recipes ever assembled into one Cookbook". Copyright 1979.
Top Review by smellyvegetarian
This is a tasty, solid pb cookie recipe, and of course you've gotta love the whole grains. I went one step further by using half whole wheat flour and half rolled oats, mostly to give the cookies texture as I was out of crunchy peanut butter. Like the other reviewer I cut back on the sugar with little consequence. I was also out of wheat germ, but I look forward to trying these again with it. Thanks for posting! Made for Healthy Choices ABC Tag.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (or margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Thoroughly cream butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Mix together the dry ingredients, except the wheat germ.
- Blend the dry mixture into the creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1 inch balls; roll in wheat germ.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.