Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from a cookbook called "A Collection of the Very Finest Recipes ever assembled into one Cookbook". Copyright 1979.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Thoroughly cream butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla.
- Mix together the dry ingredients, except the wheat germ.
- Blend the dry mixture into the creamed mixture.
- Shape into 1 inch balls; roll in wheat germ.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
This is a tasty, solid pb cookie recipe, and of course you've gotta love the whole grains. I went one step further by using half whole wheat flour and half rolled oats, mostly to give the cookies texture as I was out of crunchy peanut butter. Like the other reviewer I cut back on the sugar with little consequence. I was also out of wheat germ, but I look forward to trying these again with it. Thanks for posting! Made for Healthy Choices ABC Tag.
Very nice cookie recipe. I have made many different peanut butter cookie recipes, but I was looking for one with the whole wheat flour and wheat germ as well. Toasting it is a must as I have tried recipes without toasting it and it does not make for a nice texture or taste. I followed this recipe exactly except I cut the sugar in half. I probably could have gone to 3/4 a cup but even with half a cup it was very good. I used all organic ingredients and crunchy peanut butter. The texture was soft but not falling apart, and the flavor was very nice. Compared to recipes that do not use flour at all (the flourless ones) I think it depends on what you are looking for; there seems to be a stronger peanut butter flavor in the flourless ones but I could definitly taste the peanutbutter in this, and I will make this again; thank you for sharing!