Recipe by Pepita
Recipe saved from an old package of whole wheat flour. The original recipe called for walnuts but the taste and texture of pepitas work well too. Simple and tasty!
Top Review by jennifer in new jersey
Really nice recipe! I was looking for a recipe that specifically called for whole wheat flour and no sugar. This has a terrificly short list of ingredients, doesnt make a huge amt which is nice as it was just for my daughter and myself and I like the nutrition content as well. Used all organic ingredients but I did leave out the pepitas as I had none. In the muffins for my 4yr old daughter, we added carob chips per her request. Nothing in mine. The texture was really great; not spongy, not dry and not falling apart. Nice moist consistency but firm. Not sweet but definitly not lacking in flavor. I dont like muffins to be overly sweet as I usually eat them for breakfast or late snack and dont want all that sugar with my coffee for breakfast or at nite. This was a great and easy recipe with delicious results. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup pepitas (coarsely chopped or whole)
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend dry ingredients together.
- Combine remaining ingredients and add all at once to flour mixture.
- Stir quickly until ingredients are just mixed and batter is still lumpy in appearance.
- Fill medium muffin tins 2/3 full.
- Bake at 200C (400F) for 20 minutes.