Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is great and wholesome recipe. What makes this muffin is the fruit. It keeps the muffin from drying out. However these muffins are best fresh.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups white pastry flour
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar (slightly packed)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup light extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups berries (juicy types of fruit) or 1 1⁄2-2 cups fruit (juicy types of fruit)
- Mix the first 5 dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Add the buttermilk and oil to the egg mixture.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add the fruit.
- Use large size muffin tin.
- Bake appoximately 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Peaches, juicy pears, cherries, and all kinds of berries work well. Fruits like apples are two dry for this muffin.