Recipe by erikbohlin
This is great and wholesome recipe. What makes this muffin is the fruit. It keeps the muffin from drying out. However these muffins are best fresh.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups white pastry flour
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 1 cup brown sugar (slightly packed)
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup light extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups berries (juicy types of fruit) or 1 1⁄2-2 cups fruit (juicy types of fruit)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the first 5 dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Add the buttermilk and oil to the egg mixture.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix.
- Add the fruit.
- Use large size muffin tin.
- Bake appoximately 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Peaches, juicy pears, cherries, and all kinds of berries work well. Fruits like apples are two dry for this muffin.