1/1 Photo of Whole Tomato Soup
This unusual soup makes a great light lunch, or a starter for a nice dinner. From the Junior League of Charleston, West Virginia.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the tomato. Cut the celery into 1" pieces.
- 2Combine the bouillon cubes and water until dissolved.
- 3Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the whole tomato, bouillon, and celery. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, cayenne and basil to taste.
- 4Cover and simmer 30 minutes.
- 5Remove celery. Serve tomato in broth in a large soup plate.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Tomato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.3
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 31.7 mg
- Sodium 2212.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 3.6 g