1/4 Photos of Whole Tandoori Chicken
2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is from the BBc's "Saturday Kitchen". It goes well with spicy potatoes and coriander chutney. When I made this, I played around with a bit of the ingredients such as chili powder as I like it a bit spicy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1 1/2 kg) whole chickens
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 4 tablespoons single cream
- 2 tablespoons medium-hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon medium-hot chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons peeled and finely grated gingerroot
- 1Prick the chicken all over and make a few slits about 2cm/¾in long on the skin.
- 2Mix all the remaining chicken ingredients into a smooth paste and rub the marinade generously all over the chicken skin.
- 3Cover and refrigerate for eight hours or overnight.
- 4Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- 5Place the chicken in a roasting tin and cover with foil.
- 6Roast in the centre of the oven for one hour and 30 minutes.
- 7Halfway through cooking, baste with a little of the marinade.
- 8Remove chicken from the oven and leave in a warm place to rest for 20 minutes.
- 9Carve and serve either hot or cold.
- 10My tips -.
- 11*** Have not included time taken to marinate as it is best to leave it overnight***.
- 12***I roasted my chicken in the oven for 40 minutes and once when done, I put it under the grill/broiler and roasted it.***.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Tandoori Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (584 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1864.2
- Calories from Fat 1266
- Total Fat 140.7 g
- Saturated Fat 40.2 g
- Cholesterol 571.2 mg
- Sodium 1719.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 132.4 g