1/2 Photos of Whole Sticky Glazed Chicken
2 hrs 17 mins
1 hr 27 mins
I found this Chinese inspired chicken recipe in the paper. Chicken represents happiness and marriage. Serving chicken whole signifies family togetherness. The chicken is so sweet and juicy made this way. You will need unwaxed kitchen string for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the chicken (including cavity) under cold water. Pat chicken dry with paper towel. Place the lemon inside cavity. Tie the chicken legs together with kitchen string. Place chicken in a glass or ceramic dish.
- 2Combine ginger, garlic, sugar, soy sauce, five spice and rice wine in a jug. Pour half this sauce mixture over the chicken.
- 3Turn the chicken to coat evenly. Cover chicken and refrigerate for 30 minutes, if time permits.
- 4Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan-forced. Place the chicken, breast-side up, on a wire rack in a baking dish. Roast for 1 1/2 hours, basting with reserved marinade every 15 minutes, or until browned and juices run clear when thigh is pierced with a skewer. .
- 5Serve chicken.
- 6Note ~ Cover chicken loosely with foil if over-browning during cooking.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Sticky Glazed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (374 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 775.9
- Calories from Fat 476
- Total Fat 52.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 243.3 mg
- Sodium 1122.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 59.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder