Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Baked back tiger shrimps with jalapeno pepper.
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- 1 lb large black tiger shrimp, 16 x 20 and unpeeled
- 3 jalapeno peppers, stemmed (not seeded)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Combine 1/4 cup oil, shrimps, jalapeno pepper, salt, oregano, pepper, lemon juice and garlic in a large bowl and toss well. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450º. Place a 15” x 10” baking pan in oven 10 minutes or until extremely hot. Carefully spread shrimp in a single layer across pan. Bake 8 minutes, stirring once halfway through cooking.
- Serve in shallow bowls with good loaf of sourdough bread and a cold bottle of Kenwood Sauvignon Blanc.