Recipe by Chocolatl
I've substituted red New Mexico chili powder for piment d'espelette; if you can get piment d'espelette, by all means use that. You can also use hot paprika. Adapted from The Basque Kitchen. Prep time is marinating time.
- 1 (2 1/4 lb) rabbit
- kosher salt
- white pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons finely diced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed, crushed
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red new mexico chile powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Spread rabbit out as flat as possible and place it on prepared pan.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Combine oil, garlic, rosemary, coriander, peppercorns and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Rub mixture over both sides of rabbit.
- Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Uncover rabbit.
- Roast until tender and cooked through, 30-35 minutes.