Prep 3 hrs
Cook 35 mins
I've substituted red New Mexico chili powder for piment d'espelette; if you can get piment d'espelette, by all means use that. You can also use hot paprika. Adapted from The Basque Kitchen. Prep time is marinating time.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Spread rabbit out as flat as possible and place it on prepared pan.
- Season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Combine oil, garlic, rosemary, coriander, peppercorns and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Rub mixture over both sides of rabbit.
- Cover and refrigerate 2-3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Uncover rabbit.
- Roast until tender and cooked through, 30-35 minutes.
Recipe perfect as is. My kids loved it so much they profess they want rabbit instead of chicken from now on.
This may be the best rabbit I ever had! I did use the piment d'espelette and followed the recipe exactly. We had a gorgeous rabbit from D'Artagnan and this recipe was even better than anticipated. And it was so easy! Many thnkas!