1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 40 mins
This beautiful roast is the creation of Canadian chef Anna Olson. I made it for Sunday dinner for my husband and myself but it is definitely dinner party fare!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 onions, peeled
- 1/2 cup grainy mustard
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 lbs boneless pork loin roast
- 2 bartlett pears, sliced
- 1 orange, quartered
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled
- ground black pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2In a food processor, puree 1/2 of one of the onions, grainy mustard, marmalade, butter, salt and pepper.
- 3Place the pork roast (it can be tied or untied) in a roasting pan and slather with the mustard glaze.
- 4Slice the remaining onions and arrange, along with the pears, orange and fresh herbs, around the pork loin.
- 5Roast uncovered for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F, roasting for about 75 minutes, until an internal temperature of 175 degrees F is reached.
- 6Remove the roast from the pan and let rest on a cutting board or platter for 15 minutes before slicing.
- 7For the sauce, remove the orange segments, thyme and sage sprigs, and discard.
- 8Place the pan over medium heat and add the white wine, stirring to pull up any caramelized bits for the bottom of the pan.
- 9Add the chicken stock and sage and simmer until reduced by half.
- 10Reduce the heat to low and stir in the cold butter just until melted.
- 11Season to taste and serve beside slices of the roast pork.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Roasted Pork Loin
Serving Size: 1 (450 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 590.9
- Calories from Fat 269
- Total Fat 29.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 171.7 mg
- Sodium 1572.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 51.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: