Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
So perfect with a crusty baguette! Wonderful as a side to meaty entrees. I use this dish to bribe Dh into tackling his honey-do list. It's never let me down. This is an adaptation of a Rozanne Gold dish.
- 2 large garlic heads
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 ounce goat cheese, from a log
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Remove any loose papery skins from the outside of the garlic heads; cut off the top 1/3 of the heads to open the cloves; set aside for another use; place the heads in a small baking dish, cut sides up; pour olive oil over them and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover the dish tightly and bake until 3/4 done, about 45 minutes; uncover and continue to bake another 15 minutes or until the cloves begin to pop out of their skins and brown.
- Top each head with 1/2 ounce slice of goat cheese and broil until golden, about 1 minute; serve warm.
excellent. this was absolutely delicious and even better; simple to make. i ended up eating the entire thing myself; using the last serving to spread on good italian bread. i followed the recipe exactly and will make this again for sure.
Yum! Easy to make, as I baked the garlic the day before. Comfort food. Thanks!