1/2 Photos of Whole Roasted Garlic
1 hr 5 mins
adapted from the Joy of Cooking. I love roasted garlic and this recipe uses chicken or vegetable stock as options for roasting it (this way, you don't have to ingest all that oil). Use French bread (for serving)...but I like to eat this plain. I have also used this on top of pizza with white sauce. You can also serve with olives and goat cheese or other soft white cheese...perfect for entertaining. YUM!
My Private Note
heads o ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 heads garlic
- 2 -3 cups water (use what you need to come 1/3 up the side of the heads) or 2 -3 cups chicken stock (use what you need to come 1/3 up the side of the heads) or 2 -3 cups vegetable stock (use what you need to come 1/3 up the side of the heads)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (if you wish to make this healthier) or 2 tablespoons chicken stock (if you wish to make this healthier) or 2 tablespoons vegetable stock (if you wish to make this healthier)
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, for placing on top of garlic heads (optional)
- French bread (for serving)
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- 2Cut top third off garlic heads.
- 3Place cloves in 8x8 baking dish and add stock or water up to 1/3 up the sides of the heads.
- 4Drizzle 2 tbsp olive oil or stock or water over heads.
- 5Put thyme on top of each head.
- 6Cover with aluminum foil and bake till garlic is tender and soft, around an hour.
- 7Serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Roasted Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (805 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 149.0
- Calories from Fat 63
- Total Fat 7.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 12.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.8 g