- 1 whole roasting chicken (4 to 5 lbs)
- 3 limes, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 6 garlic cloves, mashed in a mortar and pestle (or finely chopped)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- I like to season the chicken the night before or the morning before cooking. But if you don't have the time, no worries, it will still be delicious.
- Remove and discard the chicken giblets. Place chicken in large bowl add vinegar and water. Let sit for 10 minutes. Rinse chicken well inside and out and pat dry.
- Place chicken in large bowl to begin seasoning it. Use a knife to poke 1 inch deep holes (about 10) into the chicken breast.
- Combine the garlic, lime juice, worsterchire sauce, salt and pepper to taste, dried oregano, and olive oil and stir well to combine.
- Using your hands rub the marinade all over the chicken working it into the holes. Sprinkle more salt on the skin to taste.
- Tie the legs together with kitchen twine and tuck the wings tips under the body of the chicken.
- Place chicken in roasting pan.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Roast for 30 minutes then lower the temperature to 350 degrees and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Continue to roast for 45 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165 degrees.
- Let chicken rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.