1/1 Photo of Whole Roasted Chicken
1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Even in the summer months, this Roast Chicken is worth cranking up your oven. Seasoning with just salt and pepper is not how I roll. I'm all about bold flavors. Trust me, try this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1I like to season the chicken the night before or the morning before cooking. But if you don't have the time, no worries, it will still be delicious.
- 2Remove and discard the chicken giblets. Place chicken in large pot or bowl add vinegar and water. Let soak for a few minutes. Rinse chicken well inside and out and pat dry.
- 3Place chicken in large pot or bowl to begin seasoning it. Use a knife to poke 1 inch deep holes (about 10) into the chicken breast.
- 4Combine the garlic, lime juice, worsterchire sauce, black pepper, dried oregano, 2 tbs. Adobo and olive oil and mix well to combine.
- 5Using your hands rub the marinade all over the chicken working it into the holes. Sprinkle 2 tbs. adobo and black pepper on the outside of the chicken.
- 6Tie the legs together with kitchen twine and tuck the wings tips under the body of the chicken.
- 7Place chicken in roasting pan.
- 8Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Roast for 30 minutes then lower the temperature to 400 degrees and continue to roast for 45 minutes or until internal temperature reads 165 degrees.
- 9Let chicken rest for 10 to 15 minutes before carving.
- 11Note: If your chicken browns too quickly, loosely tent it with a piece of foil to avoid burning skin.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 883.8
- Calories from Fat 599
- Total Fat 66.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.0 g
- Cholesterol 243.8 mg
- Sodium 399.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 58.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: