Prep 3 hrs
Cook 35 mins
Though this chicken is traditionally grilled, I find it a lot easier to braise this in a big pot till it is cooked through. Somehow I find it a lot tender and tasteful that way. Since I like my food on the hotter side, the spice level can be adjusted to suit those who don't.
- 1 whole chicken, scored (skinless)
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, crushed
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Combine seasonings, oil, vinegar, soy sauce, brown sugar and ginger garlic paste to form marinade.
- Marinate chicken for 2-3 hours or preferably overnight.
- In a heavy based pan, braise chicken on medium low heat for 1/2 hour till cooked through.
- Preheat oven to broil (maximum heat). Bake chicken for 8-10 minutes until hot and fuming.