1/1 Photo of Whole Roasted Chicken
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is seriously the best whole roasted chicken I have ever had. Substitute your favorite seasoning/rub for the poultry seasoning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Chop apple and one onion into large chunks. Stuff into cavity of chicken along with the garlic (peeled). Save any apple chunks that won't fit.
- 3Spray 9x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Place chicken back-up into baking dish. Baste chicken liberally with olive oil, then sprinkle with dried seasoning of your choice.
- 4Chop the carrots into 1-1.5" pieces. Chop the potatoes and remaining onion into similar-sized pieces and place into baking dish around the chicken. Add any leftover apple.
- 5Pour half of the can of chicken broth over vegetables in the dish. Season vegetables with sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- 6Bake in preheated oven for 60-80 minutes, or 20 minutes per pound of chicken.
- 7Halfway through baking, add the remaining half can of chicken broth to the pan.
- 8Cool for 5 minutes, covered with aluminum foil, before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Roasted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (703 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1030.2
- Calories from Fat 514
- Total Fat 57.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 213.8 mg
- Sodium 737.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.5 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 60.1 g