Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have not tried this, placing here for safekeeping. This recipe was posted on the Napa Valley Wine site along with the Horseradish Potato Soufflé that I have posted as well. I think this would be a lovely holiday dinner.
For the SIrloin
- 4 lbs prime top sirloin roast, cleaned of fat and cut in half lengthwise
For the Chasseur Sauce
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups cremini mushrooms, diced
- 6 shallots, minced
- 12 ounces red wine
- 6 tablespoons brandy
- 4 cups veal demi-glace
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Coat meat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. In a preheated 350ºF oven, roast for approximately 30 minutes or until internal temprature reaches 130ºF for medium rare. Serve with Chasseur Sauce.
- For the Chasseru Sauce - Melt butter in a heavy saucepan. Add shallots and mushrooms, sauté until butter is absorbed. Add red wine and bring to a boil, then simmer until reduced about 10-15 minutes. Add brandy and flame. Add veal demi glace and bring to a light simmer. Add parsley and tomatoes to finish. Season with salt and pepper.
I think this must be tested first. 30 minutes at 350 degrees in an oven will not bring the internal temp up even that high, I am sure!