Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Fill a whole pumpkin with cheese fondue, bake and serve with crusty bread. Ideal for an informal get together - all made ahead, no washing up - what more could you want for entertaining but so laden with calories.
- Wash outside of pumpkin, cut off top to make a lid, remove all seeds and membranes. Oil outside of pumpkin.
- Cut loaf of bread into squares and lightly toast.
- Layer bread and grated cheese inside pumpkin, press down. Pour on cream mixed with salt, pepper and nutmeg. Replace pumpkin lid and place pumpkin in a shallow dish.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. Test flesh to see that the pumpkin is is tender.
- Serve with crusty bread and have guests scoop out the cheese and pumpkin mix.