Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Oh these were so good served with beef. I cut mine in half and served but serving whole would be so impressive! Cut into quarters, these pears would be so good with sausages. There are so many things you could serve this with, when you want to add al little sweetness to a main dish. This recipe would be great for vegetarians!
- 4 pears, Willians
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 sprigs thyme, whole extra for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180 fan forced.
- Peel the pears and place in deep baking tray.
- In a medium bowl combine garlic, white pepper, olive oil, white wine vinegar. Stir through the seeded mustard and chopped thyme sprigs.
- Pour marinade over the pears and roast in preheated oven for 35-40 minutes. Baste occasionally. In the last 10 minutes of cooking drizzle with maple syrup.
- Serve with beef or prerfered meat, and garnish with thyme sprigs.
OH YES!!! Savory poached pears... I'd been craving poached pears when I found this recipe. Different & very delicious! I did halve & core them. I think I'll not peel them next time. All but 1 loved them - including The Picky One!! Made for Aussie Swap 5/14.