Recipe by Steve2702
Here's a simple way to cook whole salmon. It's great as a centre piece for a garden party or buffet
Top Review by Maven in the Making
OK, I admit it, I was skeptical. Just ten minutes?!! But YES, it was so wonderful. I had been fortunate enough to be given a salmon from a fisherman friend (I live in the Pacific Northwest!) and tried this recipe. Fabulous! Easy! Uses things I already have on hand. Wonderfully moist and tender. Perfect for company (or a dinner party or banquet) because you don't have to do anything at the last minute (it's just hiding there in the oven waiting for you)!! Thanks so much for posting this delicious way to cook salmon. Mmmm! (I should mention that my salmon was not quite this big - probably more like 4 pounds - and the 10 minutes was still just right.)
- 6 -8 lbs fresh whole salmon
- 1 1⁄2 lemons, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash the salmon and dry it well inside and out.
- Pour half the oil onto a large piece of strong foil.
- Place the fish in the centre and put a few slices of lemon inside the salmon.
- Put the remainder of the lemon slices on top of the salmon; season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Drizzle with the remainder of the oil & wrap up the foil to make a loose parcel.
- Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
- Place the salmon parcel on a baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the oven, do not open the door; leave for several hours.
- To serve the same day, remove the foil and peel off the skin.
- If using the following day, leave the skin on and keep chilled in the fridge.