Prep 2 mins
Cook 40 mins
Lots of times lots of people on Zaar have asked me:" What is khoya?" Khoya is something I use in some of my Indian desserts and we love it. The other day in Books-a-million, I stumbled upon this cookbook: "The Everything Indian Cookbook" by Monica Bhinde and I was ever so glad to find the recipe for KHOYA. Here is the recipe. Enjoy! Please note: WATER is not required in this recipe but since a recipe with a single ingredient cant be posted, I had to add something:)
- Bring milk to a boil in a heavy deep bottomed pan.
- Stir constantly while the milk is boiling.
- Once it reduces, scrape off any dried milk from the sides of the pan.
- Cook until the milk reduces to the consistency of mashed potatoes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Transfer to a heat-resistant container.
- Cover and store refrigerated for upto 1 week.
- Use in Indian desserts as required.