Recipe by Chef1MOM-Connie
Another crockpot recipe from the Busy Woman's Slow Cooker Cookbook, (Cookbook Swap 2008, ALSKANN). A Mexican flavor that can warm your insides. I like simple and comforting. I especially LOVE easy peasy and come home to dinner menus. Makes life so simple for the busy mom or dad or busy person!
Top Review by texasjenny
This was really good! Made it for my husband's lunches. Instead of pinto beans only had ranch style and one can of enchilada sauce so also added a 14oz. can of green chili enchilada sauce. He wants it hotter so next time I'll add a can of HOT Rotel. Put a dollop of sour cream and shredded cheese on top and he added crushed tortilla chips. I'm going keep all of these ingredients in stock so I can make it anytime. Thank you!
- 1 lb lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, with liquid
- 1 onion, chopped medium size
- 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheese, blend
- 1 cup water
- tortilla chips (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 5-5 qt crockpot.
- Combine beef, tomatoes, beans, corn, onion, enchilada sauce and 1 c water and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high 3-4 hours.
- Stir in shredded cheese.
- Crunch some tortilla chips or corn chips and sprinkle on top (optional).
- *****cooking time includes crockpot time.