6 hrs 25 mins
This comes from my slow cooker cookbook. I picked it up because I seem to find the same things on the websites. I have been trying different recipies and this one is to die for! I spiced the meat while it browned with salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, chili onion and garlic powder, cilantro and chipotle. I used the jusice in the beans and tomatoes and drained the corn. I have this pan my mom gave me that makes three inch cylindrical bowls out of cornbread so I served this in those. This was just to die for! We are have dark truffle chocolate mousse for dessert. I hope you guys enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 (15 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 28 ounces green enchilada sauce (i used this old el paso stuff i have used in other recipies)
- 1 (8 ounce) package extra-sharp cheddar cheese (grated, the recipe asks for 4 cheese blend)
- 1brown meat and season.
- 2drain and place in sprayed slow cooker.
- 3add beans with liquid and tomatoes with liquid.
- 4drain the corn and add.
- 5add coarsely chopped onion
- 6enchilada sauce and a dasjh of water 1/3 c maybe.
- 7mix well cover and cook on LOW 6 hours.
- 8shred cheese into soup after 6 hours and stir
- 9serve in cornbread bowls or whatever! let me know what you think of -- .
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Latta Enchilada Soup
Serving Size: 1 (484 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 798.0
- Calories from Fat 323
- Total Fat 35.9 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 133.2 mg
- Sodium 1724.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.1 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 53.1 g