Recipe by lauralie41
A wonderful soup recipe that was emailed to me from My Daily Moments newsletter and created by the MDM team. Fat free vegetarian soup that will warm us in the cold weather or be a light meal for those of us in warmer weather.
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
This is so good. I made it using red cabbage since that's what I had in the fridge and I omitted the zucchini since the offerings at the supermarket looked sad and wrinkled. Thanks for sharing.
- 2⁄3 cup carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups broth, fat free
- 1 1⁄2 cups green cabbage, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Add carrots, onion, and garlic and saute over low heat until softened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth and add the cabbge, beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and salt. Cover saucepan and bring mixture to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer while saucepan is covered for approximately 15 minutes or until green beans are tender. Add the zucchini and cook until heated or 3-4 minutes. Serve immediately.