Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A wonderful soup recipe that was emailed to me from My Daily Moments newsletter and created by the MDM team. Fat free vegetarian soup that will warm us in the cold weather or be a light meal for those of us in warmer weather.
- 2⁄3 cup carrot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups broth, fat free
- 1 1⁄2 cups green cabbage, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup zucchini, diced
- Coat a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray. Add carrots, onion, and garlic and saute over low heat until softened, approximately 5 minutes.
- Stir in broth and add the cabbge, beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and salt. Cover saucepan and bring mixture to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer while saucepan is covered for approximately 15 minutes or until green beans are tender. Add the zucchini and cook until heated or 3-4 minutes. Serve immediately.
This is so good. I made it using red cabbage since that's what I had in the fridge and I omitted the zucchini since the offerings at the supermarket looked sad and wrinkled. Thanks for sharing.
Well I did a few changes to this recipe, browned son bulk Italian sausage first add in in 2 tablespoons crushed chili flakes (we love extreme heat!) also increased the garlic to 6 large cloves, I did a few more minor amount adjustments, this was made for kittencalskitchen forum tag game, thanks Lori we absolutely loved this soup
Wow, this made a great veggie-filled, lowfat alternative to my daily lunch salad! I doubled the recipe and I'm so glad I did, as I know DS will enjoy it as much as I did. I am excited about how quickly this came together--next time I might make even more and throw it in the freezer. I did let it simmer on low for a while after the 15 minutes were up as it wasn't quite lunchtime, and I'm sure that added to the richness of flavor. Thanks for posting, Lauralie! Made for Zaar Tag.