1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Yes, the whole thing, not just slices! Because I didn't want to put the oven on for 2 hours in this heat, I decided to try it. (I searched the site and the web, but to no avail!) The ham came out juicy and tasty...just like baked ham, really no barbeque taste. So, if it's too hot to have the oven on for hours, try it...it worked out well. I even fried pierogies in butter (in a foil pan) on the other side of the grill to go along with it!!
My Private Note
- 1Preheat gas grill on high for about 10 minutes.
- 2Sit ham on long sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- 3Press brown sugar onto ham and wrap tight with foil.
- 4Wrap tightly with another sheet of foil.
- 5Lower grill temperature to low on both sides.
- 6Place ham on top warmer rack (or on lower rack, but place in foil pan so the bottom does not get too dried out).
- 7Shut grill lid and allow to cook for about 1 1/2 hours (no need to do anything else to it).
- 8Remove foil from ham over a pan so you don't lose the brown sugar juices.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Ham on the Barbecue
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.8
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 161.1 mg
- Sodium 2749.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 39.5 g