Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Yes, the whole thing, not just slices! Because I didn't want to put the oven on for 2 hours in this heat, I decided to try it. (I searched the site and the web, but to no avail!) The ham came out juicy and tasty...just like baked ham, really no barbeque taste. So, if it's too hot to have the oven on for hours, try it...it worked out well. I even fried pierogies in butter (in a foil pan) on the other side of the grill to go along with it!!
- Preheat gas grill on high for about 10 minutes.
- Sit ham on long sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil.
- Press brown sugar onto ham and wrap tight with foil.
- Wrap tightly with another sheet of foil.
- Lower grill temperature to low on both sides.
- Place ham on top warmer rack (or on lower rack, but place in foil pan so the bottom does not get too dried out).
- Shut grill lid and allow to cook for about 1 1/2 hours (no need to do anything else to it).
- Remove foil from ham over a pan so you don't lose the brown sugar juices.
I have cooked hams & whole turkeys on the grill. With the turkey I used butter and liquid smoke, wrapped in foil and place in the middle of the grill for about 6 hours. The turkey fell off the bone it was delicious.