King Arthur Harvest Grains Blend isn't sold anymore(as far as I know), and I wanted something nutritious to add to my bread recipes, so I came up with this blend. I hope you enjoy! It adds flavor and crunch to your baked goods, not to mention great nutrition and fiber!
My Private Note
cups, a ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup rye flakes
- 1/2 cup whole millet
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oatmeal
- 1/2 cup coarsely ground cornmeal
- 1/4 cup whole flax seed (or pulsed once or twice in a food processor just to break up some for better digestion)
- 1/8 cup whole sesame seeds
- 1/8 cup whole sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons whole poppy seeds
- 1Start out by adding 2 tbls. whole grains blend per cup to your bread recipe. Increase the amount if you enjoy the results.
- 2Or just go ahead and add 1/2-2/3 cup to your favorite recipe. You won't be dissapointed!
- 3Another method is to pour 1 cup hot water over the 2/3 cup whole grains blend and soak overnight. Add to your bread mix. Make sure to subtract the 1 cup water and 2/3 cup flour from the recipe you are using. :).
- 4Keep in a tightly covered container(in the fridge is best).
Browse Our Top < 15 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 15 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Grains Blend
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 511.2
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.6 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 16.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: