Recipe by Engrossed
This is adapted from a recipe I found in a pregnancy book. It is WONDERFUL! It's good hot, cold or room temperature. It's good plain or with butter. The original recipe doesn't use any sugar but I didn't think I'd like it without it.
- 2 medium bananas, peeled and mashed
- 2 high-omega eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups zucchini, peeled and grated
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seeds (I used blueberry ground flax from Trader Joe's)
- 3⁄4 cup pecan chips
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare loaf pan or muffin tins with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together bananas, eggs, sugar, vanilla and oil.
- Stir in grated zucchini.
- In a separate bowl combine the remaining ingredients.
- Stir flour mixture into banana mixture.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan or muffin tins.
- Bake approximately 45 minutes for loaf pan and 25 minutes for muffins until a toothpick tests clean.