Recipe by PickledSeeds
This recipe is from AllRecipes.com. This is a very light and fluffy whole grain waffle recipe. These freeze great, just wrap between wax paper. When ready to heat cook in toaster oven at 350 degrees for 3-5 minutes until brown.
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 3⁄4 cups skim milk or 1 3⁄4 cups soymilk
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, applesauce and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl mix whole wheat pasty flour, ground flax seed, wheat germ, all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Mix dry mix into wet ingredients, mix until batter is smooth.
- Preheat waffle iron and brush with oil (don't use cooking spray).
- Pour 1 cup of batter onto waffle iron and cook until crisp and golden brown (follow manufacturers instructions on length of cooking time).