Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
So delicious, you forget it's healthy!
Make and share this Whole Grain Waffles recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon honey or 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup ground flax seeds, cooked in 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup soymilk
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- Sift together dry ingredients, while cooking the flax meal. Add wet ingredients, then lemon zest and juice. Add the cooked flax last watch the batter fluff up! Depending on the size of waffle iron, you may need to thin down the batter with a little extra soy milk. Cook according to manufacturers instructions. Serve with butter/earth balance and some natural maple syrup or honey.