Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Child Magazine, May 2006
Make and share this Whole Grain Waffles recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients (first 6 ingredients).
- Stir until well combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients.
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir to moisten.
- Cook waffles in waffle maker and dust with powdered sugar.
Delish! My kids and their friends loved them. Easy to make too. Was worried about the cornstarch, never seen that in a waffle recipe, but they turned out great.
We've been eating whole wheat waffles and pancakes as a family for some time now. Liked this recipe, as it was easier than my normal waffle recipe and seemed to taste very similar. I oopsed and used regular oats instead of quick oats and we didn't mind a bit. My teens didn't even notice that they weren't our normal whole wheat waffles. Thanks for a yummy recipe.
I made these exactly as stated in the recipe. I usually change something, but I didn't this time. They were perfect. Maybe my family is getting used to whole wheat but they tasted light to us. We like them a little crispy, so I always stand them up while cooling. This is my new waffle recipe. Thanks. Good job!