Recipe by marisk
I just recently started eating Coach's 'steel-cut, cracked and toasted' Oats and it's got me hooked. It's nutty and full of flavor. This is from the back of their package...slightly modified. I use butter for greasing ... I know, but I love the flavor of butter! Please note that I'm not sure how this will work with regular oatmeal. Okay, I bought another brand of 'steel-cut' oatmeal to see if there was a difference. There was enough difference in the texture, flavor, cook-time and overall quality (to me) that I recommend you use the Coach's brand for this recipe.
Top Review by twilfong11
Delicious every time!!! Very simple recipe, providing you've cooked the oats in advance. (I cook enough for the week and keep them in my refrigerator.) Add the cooked oats to the WET ingredients. You can also make various other adaptations: substitute whole wheat flour, use all skim milk instead of milk and water, add cinnamon, cacao nibs, bananas--whatever you want! They still turn out FANTASTIC.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup coach's 'steel-cut' oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup water
- butter (Optional. For greasing)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingreadients in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients in another bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix until well blended.
- Pour 1/4-cup batter onto a hot, lightly greased griddle for each pancake. Cook until golden brown on each side.