3 hrs 40 mins
This is so healthy and tasty too! For the sprouted grains you may use wheat berries,quinoa, rye, spelt, etc., even lentils! Mix and match grain sprouts to your heart's content. Adapted from the SproutPeople. When using whole wheat and/or rye flours you might add wheat gluten - at a rate of 1/8 cup per cup of flour - as it often produces a nicer loaf. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To soften yeast:.
- 2Combine in a large bowl:.
- 32 1/2 cups warm water.
- 42 scant Tbs. active dry yeast.
- 5Allow the yeast to proof (bubble) for 5 minutes.
- 6Stir in:.
- 71/2 cup oil.
- 81/2 cup honey.
- 91 Tbs. salt.
- 102 cups sprouted grains, whole or ground lightly.
- 114 cups flour (any combo of wheat, rye and white you like) Beat well. Cover and let this “sponge” sit 45-60 minutes.
- 12Stir down and gradually add:.
- 133-4 cups flour (any combination). Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth.
- 14Place dough into a greased bowl, turn it over and around to coat all of the dough.
- 15Cover and let rise until doubled (60-90 minutes).
- 16Knead dough down in the bowl, divide and shape into 2-3 oblong loaves. Place in well greased loaf pans and cover.
- 17Let rise 60 minutes or until almost doubled.
- 18Bake at 375º for 35 to 40 minutes. Remove loaves from pans and cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Grain Sprout Bread
Serving Size: 1 (1996 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2398.5
- Calories from Fat 535
- Total Fat 59.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3518.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 414.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.3 g
- Sugars 75.0 g
- Protein 53.2 g