Recipe by joanne.smolka
The basis for this recipe comes from "spelt biscuits" from allrecipes.com. Then I added a few delightful seeds to get an amazing flavoured dinner roll! I used a mix of coconut oil and butter, but feel free to use one or the other. Also, I don't always have buttermilk, so I mix half yogurt with half water.
- 2 cups whole grain spelt flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seed
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (solid)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 220C (450F).
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, salt, and seeds.
- Cut in the coconut oil and butter to resemble coarse crumbs (a pastry blender can come in handy here, so can your hands).
- Add the buttermilk and mix until blended.
- Cut dough into 6 equal portions and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 220C for 12-15 minutes, until golden brown.